Hand Shredded Chicken (Shou Si Ji) is an easy and quick recipe. Because it is shredded, every small piece gets the sauce. So it is very flavorful! You can put the chicken in lettuce and have Hand Shredded Chicken (Shou Si Ji) Lettuce Wraps. You can wrap it in tortillas, then you get Hand Shredded Chicken (Shou Si Ji) Tacos. You can also make Hand Shredded Chicken (Shou Si Ji) Sandwiches. Or you can eat it with rice. Whatever way you prefer, it is just delicious!!
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 slice of ginger (1 inches by 1 inch)
- 1 green onion
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- dash of white pepper
- 1 tsp. Lao Gan Ma Chili in Oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt to your taste
- Rinse the chicken breast and put it in a sauce pan with water.
- Make garlic and ginger water for the sauce. Press the garlic clove and ginger, then put the pressed garlic and ginger in a small sauce bowl and add 2 tbsp. of water.
- Tear the green onions into small pieces with your hands (to match the hand shredded chicken later).
- Make the sauce. In a sauce bowl, put in sugar, light soy sauce, white pepper, Lao Gan Ma Chili in Oil, olive oil, sesame oil, 1 tbsp. of the garlic and ginger water. Mix them together and set it aside.
- Put the saucepan with chicken breast on medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes after boiling. Test with a fork to see if there is any red coming out. If yes, cook until no red comes out.
- Take out the chicken breast and put it in a plate to cool down.
- Shred the chicken with your hands.
- Pour the sauce you made earlier onto the shredded chicken. Add the torn green onion pieces.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top.
Your Hand Shredded Chicken (Shou Si Ji) is ready! Enjoy!!!!